I don't know about you guys, but we are super excited about football starting this weekend! And even more, we are so ready to get to tailgating!
Tailgating is a huge deal for the Gregory clan. Saturdays in the fall we make (way too much) food and pack up our lawn chairs, and we meet our family down in Fayetteville in anticipation of our Hogs playing football. Over the years, we have become responsible for one appetizer in particular: our Buffalo Chicken Dip. Our recipe came from family friends but has been adjusted over the years, and we now use an adapted version of this recipe by Five Heart Home. Start taking notes:
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Buffalo wing sauce (Frank's is the best!)
- 1/2 cup blue cheese dressing (chunky is our personal favorite)
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (we've found rotisserie is the perfect)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar or Mexican-blend cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Blend in wing sauce, bleu cheese dressing, shredded chicken, and 1 cup shredded cheese. Spread in a shallow 1-quart baking dish and sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Serve warm with desired dippers (Frito Scoops are a crowd favorite at our tailgate).
You cannot go wrong with this Buffalo Chicken Dip. As far as tailgating snacks go, this is one of the best. Whip up this and grab your stadium approved crossbody bag, like the Elli or Kat, from Valere Rene, and you are set for a day of fun.
Show us your favorite places to take your Valere Rene by tagging your photos with #vrhlove. If you use the hashtag, you will be entered for a daily $5 off coupon. If we repost your picture, we will give you $10 off your next purchase!
Follow us on Instagram at @valere_rene_handbags , on Facebook at Valere Rene Handbags & Totes , and Pinterest at @vrhandbags.